All Cast Iron Squares purchased on the EU web shop come with a black oxide + oil finish for better corrosion protection.
MONSTER 8 Series Overview
At last, a square for every welder to call their own instead of making do with equipment from the carpentry aisle. The MONSTER 8 takes its cues from the original MONSTER 12 and fits them in a lighter, more compact form factor.
- Designed with the shape of a stiff channel
- Machined on all 5 faces for accuracy (3 on the sides, 2 on the front and back)
- Use it to quickly set up 90 and 45 degree angles. We have machined
- 3 holes on the back side of the body, tapped with 1/4-20 threads to enable you to square up your material even faster using our locating tabs.
- Each MONSTER square ships with 3 tabs and bolts.
All squares MADE IN USA. Patent Pending.
Cast Iron (FE)
A more compact, every day square for jobs around the shop or home. Weighing in at 2.2 kg, its lighter weight and smaller size makes it easier to handle and fit in more places. Great for field use with saw horses or those other occasions where you don’t have a solid surface to support the weight of the square during setup. Cast iron material resists deformation and weld spatter.
Cast Aluminum (AL)
This square combines the lightness and spatter resistance of aluminum with the shape of the MONSTER 8 square. At only 0.9 kg, it is the perfect tool when you need to pack several squares off site. Ideal for field use with saw horses or those other occasions where you don’t have a solid surface to support the weight of the square during setup. Friendlier to the joints when you need to spend the whole day doing setups.
Weight and Dimensions
- Size = 203.2 x 203.2 x 38.1 mm (8 x 8 x 1.5 inches)
- Cast Iron - 2.2 kg
- Cast Aluminum - 0.9 kg
What Comes In The Package
- 1 x MONSTER Square 8 in Cast Iron (FE) or Aluminum (AL)
- 3 x Steel Edge Location Tabs (45 x 25 x 6 mm)
- 3 x Socket Head Cap Screws (3/16 inch hex drive)