All Cast Iron Squares purchased on the EU web shop come with a black oxide + oil finish for better corrosion protection.
MEGA 8 Series Overview
At last, a square for every welder to call their own instead of making do with equipment from the carpentry store. The MEGA 8 takes from the design of the original MEGA 12 and fits those lessons in a lighter, more compact form factor.
- Cast as a stiff channel
- Machined on all 9 faces for accuracy (7 on the sides, 2 on the front and back).
- Use it as an inside or outside 90 degree corner while still having great weld torch reach
- 8 holes around the body on the back side and tapped with 1/4-20 threads to enable you to square up your material even faster using our locating tabs.
- Each MEGA 8 square ships with 4 tabs and bolts.
All squares MADE IN USA. Patent Pending.
Cast Iron (FE)
A more compact, every day square for jobs around the shop or home. Weighing in at 2.4 kg, its lighter weight and smaller size makes it easier to handle and fit in more places. Great for field use with saw horses or those other occasions where you don’t have a solid surface to support the weight of the square during setup. Cast iron material resists deformation and weld spatter.
Cast Aluminum (AL)
This square combines the lightness and spatter resistance of aluminum with the shape of the MEGA 8 square. At only 1.0 kg, it is the perfect tool when you need to pack several squares off site. Ideal for field use with saw horses or those other occasions where you don’t have a solid surface to support the weight of the square during setup. Friendlier to the joints when you need to spend the whole day doing setups.
Weight and Dimensions
- Size = 203.2 x 203.2 x 38.1 mm (8 x 8 x 1.5 inches)
- Cast Iron - 2.4 kg
- Cast Aluminum - 1.0 kg
What Comes In The Package
- 1 x MEGA Square 8 in Cast Iron (FE) or Aluminum (AL)
- 4 x Steel Edge Location Tabs (45 x 25 x 6 mm)
- 4 x Socket Head Cap Screws (3/16 inch hex drive)